Eating Healthy

I want to make healthier foods for our family. I'm definately not a cook and grew up eating a bunch of unhealthy foods. I'm trying to change this and thought i'd start with my daughters lunches.

What do you feed your child that is healthy (lunches, snacks, dinner . . )?

kinzleysmommy

Asked by kinzleysmommy at 5:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Health

• Fresh fruit and veggies, of course, if you can experiment and find what she likes. Even stuff you may not think she'll like...cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices or baby carrots. Low fat string cheese, natural peanut butter on a celery stick, anything whole grain, dried fruit, nuts (small portions). I'm not a cook either and it's much easier to eat bad food but if you remember to think about every bite you put in your mouth it does get easier after awhile. Just ask yourself, "Is this the best choice for me right now?" and try to answer "yes" at least 80% of the time :-)
    LoveIsCool

Answer by LoveIsCool at 5:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• home made stuff, try to avoid processed pre packaged stuff (though it is hard) like home made soups instead of cans check ingredients. Fresh veggies. And there are a lot of helpful websites on how to cook or make healthy meals with videos. GL
    Anonymous