Silver and Bleach-oops

I was cleaning with bleach and forgot to take my ring off. It is all silver. Now it has turned like a dark, almost black color. I have washed it, washed my hands with it, etc.. and some has come off, but I am scared that maybe I accidently ruined it. Is there anything I can soak it in, or clean it with that will safely make it back to silver again?

missmissy

Asked by missmissy at 5:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Try using silver cleaner, and or toothpaste like the others said. I also remember my Grandma using lemon juice the real thing not the imitation kind.
    dawnmitchell

Answer by dawnmitchell at 10:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Try toothpaste..........not the gel kind. Or try silver cleaner.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• toothpaste not the gel
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 5:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Not sure on what to clean it with but if you can't get it clean you can take your ring to the jewlers and have them re-coat your ring with another top layer of silver or gold. This isn't expensive at all. I re-coated a ring with 14k gold and it was only $20.00 dollars
    texasMOMto4

Answer by texasMOMto4 at 6:21 AM on Jan. 17, 2009