renting?

Anyone know around how much it cost to rent a pump from the hospital or does insurance sometimes cover them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would check out ebay. You could easilly get a pump for what it would cost to rent. Also if you have WIC they will buy you a pump (and its usually a very nice one mine was a $240 pump)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I rented a pump for 2 weeks and it was 20 bucks a week. I bought a Lansinoh Double Breast pump for $150 and it works just as well as the hospital pump. I have been using it every 4 hours for near 6 months now with no problems...it paid for its self very quickly.
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• When I looked into renting a hospital-grade pump, it was going to cost $80/month. Not sure about whether insurance covers it; I don't think mine did. It was more cost-effective for me to buy the Medela Pump in Style dual electric pump. It worked fantastic. The hospital pump (also Medela) was in a huge plastic box that I wouldn't have been able to carry around. The Pump in Style bag just looks like a computer bag or bit tote so it was very discreet.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• It costs around $50 per month. Insurance will only cover it if it is medically necessary, like if your child is in the hospital for a long period of time.

sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i got mine from the hospital and it was covered by my insurance. it was not medically necessary either. no questions asked, they paid for it. also i was told that if you want to increase your milk supply the one from the hospital is the best/strongest. i loved the one from the hospital. yea it wasnt very attractive, but its not like i was sitting in the middle of the mall pumping either. i think i only had to pay a deposit of like $20.
    marci2babies

Answer by marci2babies at 5:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Renting is usually between $30-$70 per month. Many places have a sliding scale. In some places WIC rents pumps to qualifying moms for little or no cost.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2009