Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

General Attorney questions?

Ok so my question is has anyone use General Attorney and if so what are your comments about them? I dont know if I want to use them or if I want to use my exs aunt attorney? Which is an attorney around where I live

Answer Question

Asked by KBM99 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 7 (202 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • What kind of case do you need an atty for? I would be leary of using a general atty if your case is complicated at all. Like, if you were suing someone for medical negligence... well... it's better to have an atty that specializes in that b/c there is so much to know and understand about the laws.

    Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:48 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • Its just for child support because my ex boyfriend wont pay until we go through the courts. And we DID agree on him paying 100 dollars a week and he was supposed to start today (Friday) but Wednesday he canceled on me and said he wasnt gana pay until we go through the courts. So I dont know if I should use General Attorney or just a regular attorney

    Answer by KBM99 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • You don't really have to have an atty for child support. You should be able to go to your county court house and file for support. If you go through social services, they can help too. Good Luck :)

    Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 12:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • Honestly? You don't need an attorney at all. And you don't need to go to court. You can get the forms at the local court. Fill them out, then when you go in to file someone in the CS office will fill out the amount based on your figures.

    All states have a formula for figuring child support. They plug in the numbers and out comes what your ex will pay. You can find child support calculators for every state online. Heck, the state I live in even lets you print out all the forms once you've plugged in the numbers so all you have to do is take it down and file it.

    Answer by desert_diva at 12:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.