What do I do about my little 2 year old girls hair, she has a bad swirl on the back of her crown?

amariew9

Asked by amariew9 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• So .... what's wrong with having a swirl on her crown?
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I have a niece that had this problem so what her mother and i use to do for it is we would pull her hair in a ponytail or we would put it in pigtails we would try something new on it everyday until the swirl became unnoticible when you get the childs hair out in different ways that are against how the colic should be then you can barley notice it it dosen;t go away all together but its a start to work it out
    Kagjugee

Answer by Kagjugee at 5:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Oh wait! Do you mean a swirly cowlick sort of thing? If that's it then Kagjugee's suggestion sounds good. I have one of those on my crown and I'm 42.  So yeah, they never go away but become less noticeable.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I have a cowlick on the crown of my head. Sometimes you can see it when I part my hair a certain way, but most of the time it's covered since I have curly hair.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Trust me, you can't get rid of a cowlick no matter how hard you try. You just have to deal with it. Use clips, barettes, pony tails, etc. But you can't fight something God put there intentionally! My kids all have some funky cowlicks - and they're inherited!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Scalp Problems

Babies and toddlers can develop scales on their scalps that may develop from going to sleep on damp hair or from shedding skin. They call it cradle cap or even mild dandruff. Don't pick the scales off - take your time and gently massage their hair and head when washing to help loosen it and it will fall off naturally. Be sure to rinse their hair clean every time and to let it dry thoroughly before they go to sleep.

It may be that you need to avoid baths and hair washing near sleep times in order to prevent this. If it continues and does not seem to go away, talk to your pediatrician about other potential causes and care for it.

For unmanagable hair try appling alittle olive oil to the toddler's hair before bushing
    texasMOMto4

Answer by texasMOMto4 at 5:24 AM on Jan. 17, 2009