What is the cutest / funniest thing you can remember your husband / SO doing with your child when they were newborn(s)?

The one that will always stick in my head is when we were still in the hospital after I had Lee. Lee will get himself over tired at times & it's hard for him to fall asleep. Well, when we were in the hospital, he was over tired one night, & he was reaching pitches that I didn't think a baby could reach!! My DH Larry was holding him & rocking him, trying to get him to fall asleep. Of course it wasn't working. I said to Larry, 'Sing him a lullaby". He said, "I don't know any". I said, "Just sing the 1st song that pops into your head." So, what song do I hear him singing? "Yellow Submarine" by the Beatles. LEE FELL ASLEEP!!!! After he put him in the bassinet, I looked at him & said, "Yellow Submarine?" He had this shocked look on his face & he said, "That was the only song I could think of!" Lee is 22 months old now & every now & then we have to sing him to sleep. "Yellow Submarine" still works like a charm!!

JLee07

Asked by JLee07 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• That is so cute...mine was more scary and funny though my dh was holding our new born daughter rocking her to sleep she was a tiny thing when all of a sudden he rocks back and the rocking chair breaks and he falls back with the baby on his chest. I ran to see if all was ok and they were but it was so funny I could not stop laughing. It is one of those times you have to be there to laugh. I will never forget that day...rolling on floor

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Aw, great stories! I'm glad nobody was hurt, Butterfly.
    Mine is when my husband really wasn't into the children yet, He was OK but no real enjoyment. I always read to the children at night, and one time I noticed their Dad sitting there and told him to read the story. Three Little Pigs. He started reading and I stopped him and said no you have to make it fun. So he got into the idea and started having a good time with it. What stays in my mind is when he read "and he blew the house down." He'd make this funny warbling sound- I'm not even sure how he did it, so it was "and he blewwwwww the house down." The kids loved it, my husband loved how he made them laugh, and that was the start of his enjoying his children.

Answer by Bmat at 6:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Well, mine is a funny story, hehehe.

My first son was about 3 months old and had pooped his diaper, again. My husband got up to change him and I got up a few seconds later to follow him into my son's bedroom. He didn't know I was in the doorway and while he was changing my son he was singing "Oops, I did it again" by Britney Spears, lol. It was the funniest and cutest thing ever because my husband DOES NOT SING!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My husband has always been an excited daddy...when we got home he wanted to bathe him, change him, and take him for walks. The doctor said I should let him get some sun and fresh air...he came home after their little walk with paperwork from the christian school. He said Maddox went to his first day of school today and met the principal and teacher....all I could do was shake my head and laugh because my son was only 2 weeks old! He's just so excited and wants him to go to the best school so he was getting all the information so he can be prepared. I'll never forget that and I can't wait to tell my son about his "first day of school"
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My husband was over-excited about our son. I had an emergency c/s after over 18 hours of labor trying to deliver a baby nobody knew was BREECH. When I came back from surgery and then having pitocin to firm my uterus (instead of getting a hysterectomy to stop the bleeding) my hubby was following the nurse who was cleaning and caring for our son around the room like a puppy dog and barely even noticed his WIFE had returned from major abdominal surgery.

cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I have a funny story about my brother and his first daughter's birth. He was 26 and came home from the hospital the night Sadie was born and told my parents "She's so tiny, she's beautiful, she's perfect. AND I GET TO BRING HER HOME!!" My mother said the wonder in his eyes and joy on his face just made her cry.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I LOVE ALL of your stories! They made me smile and warmed my heart. So precious!

I remember when my husband and I had our first baby together (she was my second) and when she was born he asked the doctor how many weeks does it take until she opens her eyes. The doctor laughed and told him we didn't give birth to a kitten or puppy, that she will open her eyes when she wants to. He went to the bassinet where they were cleaning her and checking her apgar and she opened her eyes. He yelled over to me - "She just opened her eyes for me!" in such an excited voice. He believes that she did it just for him and I won't tell him any different.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• WOW!!! These stories are great!!!! Please keep them coming!!! We all need a smile or a laugh every now & then. I LOVE the Britney Spears one, & I don't even like her songs!!!
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My husband took our newborn son to church while i slept in. He didn't wake me up so he dressed the baby all by himself. Did he put on one of the beautiful outfits that i had so lovingly laid out?No.Out of all those dozens of sweet-baby clothes he put on the awful paper/plastic thing baby wore in the hospital!! I know everyone at that church thought "What kind of mother allowed her baby out in that!?" Well,probably not but i was embarrassed next Sunday!
    sweetheartpink

Answer by sweetheartpink at 12:36 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• DH got our newborn son a library card when he was 2 weeks old!!
    sweetheartpink

Answer by sweetheartpink at 12:37 AM on Jan. 20, 2009