Funny reasons for first name?

Remember the commercial where the little girl found out why she was named Mercedes? (she was conceived in the back seat of one...) Anyways did you give your child a first name for a funny reason?

12crazykids

Asked by 12crazykids at 5:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol.. no...
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Never seen that commercial.

No, are names were just ones we heard and liked. Some think my firstborn(Connor) was named for the Highlander guy(Conor MacLeod) but he wasnt LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 5:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• LOL. nah, not like that.  i named Lila after a song by Bright Eyes, that i first heard and loved when i was 15.

adulation

Answer by adulation at 5:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• laughingNo never but do you remember the movie "Porky's" in the 80's the part where they are playing a practical joke on the waitress and someone calls on the phone she answers and they ask for Mike then she calls out for Mike then she asks for his lastname there are a few Mike's there and they say Hunt....HAS ANYONE SEEN MIKE HUNT...LOL I thought that was hilairious.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• my daughter has her name because when I yelled it, the combo sounded good..
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 6:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Well, my dad named me after the herone of a trashy romance novel my mom was reading at the time. I think that was pretty cool.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My father was in Cheyenne,WY that's how my daughter got her first name. And her middle name is Ukiah which is a Russian town just south of San Francisco, CA. The odd part about it is that we are German/Italian.
    dawnmitchell

Answer by dawnmitchell at 8:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2009