? for co-sleepers

My husband and I have been co-sleeping with DS since birth. He will be 1 tomorrow. He is getting big that as he sleeps with his body all over the place our queen sized bed is becoming restricted on room, and I know that he is only going to get bigger!! And with no plans of knowledgeably knowing when DS willb out of our bed, is it wise to invest in a larger bed...anyone done this before?

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 12:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yup, we went king-size! We got him to at least start his nights in his room/bed, but he still winds up in our bed eventually (and of course takes up half the bed in the process!).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:59 AM on Feb. 6, 2012

• My kids definatly co slept with me while they nursed plus some and so last yr we decided to buy a king size bed and it fits daddy and I and our 2 babys ages 5 yrs and 21 months. Our 5 yr old sleeps in his bed atleast 5 times a week but on the weekends he likes to cuddle with mom :) I would definatly invest in a king bed, it wrks great for our family of 4. Not sure how all of us will fit with 3 kids though lol (were trying for baby #3) so that will be a challenge!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:06 AM on Feb. 6, 2012

• We have always had a king bed and that's even tough sometimes with our 3 yr old daughter and #2 on the way :) I don't think I could do it in a queen,,,I liked having the king even before she was born. Lol! I like my space :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:29 AM on Feb. 6, 2012

• we co-sleep in a queen, maybe even slightly smaller than todays queen because our is an old bed we have just always kept a liner on. I wouldn't get a bigger bed. I have gotten used to not spreading out much or when I do knowing I will have my legs crossed over hubbies lol....My son is going to have to transition at some point, he is 2, but not sure when.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:26 AM on Feb. 6, 2012

• If you plan on keeping the co-slepper arrangement for much longer I'd definitely think about investing in a larger bed. If not try to start having him still sleep in your room but in a crib or toddler bed or pack n' play next to your bed.
    janderson595

Answer by janderson595 at 4:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2012

• We started by putting our daughter in her bed asleep; she was used to waking up there, because she napped there.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2012

• My son is 3 and still co sleeps with us... we have a queen too but i told my son he can pick out his own bedding if he wants.. but has to sleep in his own room... but i also said that he's a big boy and needs to sleep on his big boy bed... i hope it works i want my bed back..
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 7:52 AM on Feb. 6, 2012

• We have a king and on the very rare occasions that my 3 yo sleeps with us (only when he's sick or we're on vacation), we still get kicked in the head and crowded.

Answer by missanc at 1:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2012

• Lots of people co-sleep for awhile. While it was never my thing, if you think it's going to be a habit of your family's to keep it up, get a bigger bed. Even when he gets a little older and might be in his own bed, nightmares are always there and so are nights where he'll wanna come cuddle up with you.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2012

• we got a King, cuz our middle son slept with us for a long time, and our baby doesnt like sleeping with us he likes his own bed, and now I feel so far away from my hubby! we are thinking about down sizing since we are done having kids!
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 6:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2012