My 20 month old son won't eat any food HELP

He keeps asking for all kinds of foods but won't eat any of it.

mamapowell

Asked by mamapowell at 5:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ok when my son was around 20 months old and my niece who i watched when she was that age they both went thru a stage were they would ask for things and then not eat them what i started doing was i would pick them up so they could see the cabinet and let them chose what they wanted to eat put them down then ask them again if they were sure and by doing that it gave them a second to think if they still wanted it i hope he is eating a least a little bit of food if he is eating nothing day after day then you need to go to the docs asap
    Kagjugee

Answer by Kagjugee at 7:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Here's what you do: you plan her meals. Serve what you're going to serve. If she eats, wonderful, if not, that's ok too. She won't starve. She'll get hungry and eventually will eat. Trust me, I've got two year old twins and do not have the time to be a short order cook.
    That said, I always try to keep their tastes in mind and offer at least one thing that I know for sure they like (although even then they can turn their noses up at it).
    The other thing to do is make sure she's staying hydrated but not drinking so much that she's not hungry come meal time. I will sometimes skip their morning or afternoon snack so that they eat better at lunch/dinner. (Of course if they tell me they're hungry I feed them).
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Give him something like ketchup to dip it in!
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 1:14 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• He does eat a little bit and is still breastfeeding so he isn't starving just wish he would eat more.
    I have already tried letting him pick out food for himself. Then i give it to him and he still cries cause its not the right thing.
    mamapowell

Answer by mamapowell at 11:24 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• He also hates any dipping sauces ketchup ranch nothing.
    mamapowell

Answer by mamapowell at 11:26 AM on Jan. 17, 2009