Mastitis...

Who's had it and after you got the antibiotics how long did it take for it to go away? I didn't make it to the fever and vomiting stage thankfully.. I just have the firmness, redness, and the pain.

Poopie08

Asked by Poopie08 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had it, but also had other complications. I had contracted MRSA in the actual breastmilk. Took a good three weeks to start feeling better. I had fever, no vomitting.
    Anonymous

• Nurse nurse nurse....that is one of the most important treatments.

I don't recall how long it took to get clear...but make sure you take the whole course of antibiotics as prescribed.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I would nurse.. But I'm not breast feeding...
    Poopie08

Answer by Poopie08 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I had it, my infected boob was gigantic and soooo sick! I did have fever and vomiting. My pedia did tell me to nurse on that side at the end of an antibiotic session - a bit before a dosage was due. Since your not nursing do you now how you got it? Especially since you're not nursing meaning it's not the more common mastitis do not miss one dose!! It's scary isn't it? I was so afraid.
    Anonymous

• On the antibiotics the first 6 times I got it it took 2-3 weeks to clear. I finally took a natural route time number 7 and it cleared in three days and never came back. (thank the gods mine was so bad that I was delirious with the fever.)
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 6:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Antibiotics are a very, very, very, very, very LAST resort..
    The best thing you can do is just nurse it out!!!!
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 6:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2009