WTH is wrong with loser dads?

My nephew is a really great kid, but his dad is a total loser and I feel so bad for my nephew...he will see his dad logged onto the messenger but his dad won't say sh!t to him, or he will call before Christmas to make plans but never followed through NOR did he send anything or EVEN call! My nephew is getting used to it, but I feel like I should say something, but what?? Input please..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Have you tried to talking to his mother? I would start there and if you still feel the need to voice your opinion, do it in a tactful and civil manner but know that it still might not change things. JMO.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Don't get involved...that is between them he will find out sooner or later what kind of a dad he has if you say something he will look at you as the bad guy. Just comfort him when you see him down. Be the better person. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• oh yea, I've talked to his mom she is just going to let him seperate himself from his dad, which he is better off doing, I just wish I had something meaningful to say to him so he won't hold any sadness/anger inside...thanks for the replies ladies
    Anonymous

• My son hasn't seen his biofather for the past 6 yrs, i don't bring it up to him. I have told him when hes ready to talk im here. Thats all you can do.
    Anonymous