All about dinner...

What did you make, how long did it take you, and how much do you think it cost to make?

I made hamburger gravy and mashed potatoes and served corn and bisquick biscuits with it.

It probably took me about 40 mins to make and I think about $5.50 to make. I did pull out some of everything to make a sheppards pie tomorrow, so technically less than the $5.50.

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Meatloaf made with ground turkey and lean ground beef, a couple pounds, so maybe $12 but 4 or more meals worth. It took 10 minutes to prepare
    Leftover mac and cheese - about $1
    cooked frozen mixed vegies- $1.50
    Lettuce salad- about $1
    apples - 50 cents

Answer by Bmat at 6:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• We had tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches that had ham and onions on them. I don't know exact cost, it was homemade bread, but I'd say definitely less than $5, probably less than $3.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I had homemade chicken soup with noodles. The total cost to make the stock was $16, but it didn't all get used for the soup. About 3/4 of it went into canning jars, some for the fridge and some for the freezer.
    The noodles are simple: flour & egg. Since it was just my daughter and I, I used 4 eggs ($1 @ $3/doz) and about 2-3 cups of flour (paid $3 for a 5lb bag, so about $.50) So I'd say about $5.50 altogether for the actual dinner.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2009