Suggestions, anyone, for a good book to read?

Hello Ladies! I am going on a trip in a few weeks to visit my Mother-In-Law, and I may actually have some time in the evenings to read a book! (Exciting for me, it's been awhile since I've picked up a book with two young boys!)

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good read? I like 'mindless' books....romantic, funny, mystery, etc.

Thanks!

SID7

Asked by SID7 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Queen of Camelot, it's about Guenevere :) It's by Nancy McKenzie.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I just finished reading "Morning Comes Softly" by Debbie Macomber...I really liked it...very easy read...here is a link about it:
    http://www.debbiemacomber.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=nnp&pageID=134
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 6:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Jodi Picoult is a good author. You can try the Twilight series. Ummmm... the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz is great.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I just read Every Breath You Take by JUdith McNaught..that was really good, Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger was really good too..The Friday Night Knitting Club and its sequel Knit 2 by Kate Jacobs, the Harry Potter series...or Stormy Weather by Carl Hiaasen..
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 6:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I am nearing the end of book 4 of the Twilight series. Brilliantly written and you can't help but get drawn in to their vampire family!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Have you read Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series? It's a comedy, mystery, and romance series all rolled into one. It begins with One for the Money.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 6:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Pride and Prejudice - if you've never read it, you'll love it. If it's been a long time, pick it back up.

Mr. Darcy is a dream, Elizabeth is so great - and Mrs. Bennett is my favorite.....

Classic literature ROCKS!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 6:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I am just finishing Savannah Blues by Mary Kay Andrews. I've never read her before but liked the book so well that I ordered three others by her. I like light mysteries, and this one is well-written and has an interesting main character as well as well-drawn secondary characters. The story is about a "picker"- someone who shops at yard and estate sales and just random looking around for items that she fixes up and sells at a profit. Her husband left her for another woman, and the main character has moved on and is making a new life for herself. There are moments of comedy, a decent mystery, and as I said very good characters.

Answer by Bmat at 6:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Lisa Jackson writes some good mysteries.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I highly recomend Christopher Moore. My favorite is Lamb (aka The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal) Don't let the name fool you...this isn't a "religious" book. Its a very funny story of what Might have happened to Joshua (Jesus) from ages 12-30. To give you a taste, it opens with Biff telling you about how he first met Joshua...Joshua's little (half) brother would kill a lizard, bring it to Joshua, and then Joshua would put it in his mouth and bring it back to life so his brother could play with it more. Its very light and entertaining.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2009