homeschooling in new york!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in the new york laws is saids the requried subjects.. and 2 subjects i donot get, what is pratical arts?? and what is libaray skills??? and can my child do gym at home insted of going to a gym???

homeschool23

Asked by homeschool23 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• no i believe that they have to go to like the YMCA or some where like that cause i think that you have turn in a form from the gym to the school to show they went so they would get credits for it. Jst wondering why would you want to home school them? dont mean anything bad by it just wondering. NY schools are rated 3 in the country for education...
    Anonymous

• Ask this question to the Happy Homeschoolers Group here on Cafemom. There are some NY homeschoolers there that can help you. I've read a lot about HSing in NY, but have no first-hand knowledge ---- I'd hate to tell you the wrong thing
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2009