Why are these two girls on the news tonight?

They were held at gunpoint in the parking lot of their apartments. Which is something that is very scary I understand that I just want to know why my local news channel showed it at 4pm and 5pm. The girls also didn't know that money is sometimes referred to as "bread" because when they tell their story they say the guy told them "give me some bread" they say "you want some food?" the robber says "no money". So in a way a found it a little comical I can just hear the exasperated robber in my head. Again I understand how scary this is, but I just don't understand why it is on the news today. People get mugged everyday why are these girls any different?

ednakrabapple

Asked by ednakrabapple at 6:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree, it sounds like a slow news day.
    It reminds me of when I was working as a receptionist in a dormitory. A guy came in and asked where the Head was. I explained that she was down the hall and I could call her if he wanted to speak with her. He looked blank. His girlfriend came by then and explained that the bathroom was in the basement. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 6:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Sounds like a slow newsday in your town. They have to report on something during the news broadcast, and people tend to like hearing about other people being in scary situations.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Its like the caylie anthony story- stories that happen all the time but someone reports it to the news and if they think it will up the rating then it makes the news that night
    Anonymous

• Bmat that is pure comedy. I was at the bank once and this lady came up behind me and asked if I was in que (SP?) I just kept staring at her I thought she had me confused with someone else who was possibly in some kind of club with her. After about the third time she asked the lady in front of me said I think the line ends with her. That was the day I figured out what que meant.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 6:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2009