Obama's Inauguration compared to Sarah Palin's wardrobe....

When the RNC spent around $200,000 on Sarah Palin's wardrobe, the main street media and the liberals went nuts! They bashed the mess out of her, how dare she spend that on clothes. NOW, I don't hear that same msm or liberals in the same spirit of judgement saying anything about this outlandish cost of Obama's inauguration! Why? Doesn't the measly $200,000 RNC dollars seem like chump change compared to the something like $50 million plus in addition to FEMA's cost of OUR dollars??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Private people's donations to the RNC paid for Ms. Palin's clothes, and anyway she donated them to charity afterward, where I'm sure they auctioned them off for a pretty penny and bought a lot of food, diapers, blankets and other things for those in need. On the other hand, the $160 Million security costs of Mr. Obama's inaugural balls is being paid for with our tax dollars. Believe me if McCain were spending thisamount of money in this economy, I would be screaming even louder!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Both sides love to bash each other. If McCain had won Democrats would have been furious at the price tag of his inauguration. Lindsay Graham was right when he called us a nation of whiners. lol

Anonymous

• UMMM one was for clothes-this is for the PRESIDENT!!!!!!!! there is a difference-get over it!
    Anonymous

• lol on this question! and answer one! Anon 5:37, you're kidding right? Since it is the President, and we are in this horrible economic crisis, are you kidding that it is okay to spend this kind of money on this inauguration?!! No normal tax paying citizen could get over it, as you so eloquently say, we'll be paying for it for years to come!! I suppose you do not pay taxes so it wouldn't bother you. As for the original question, yeah, the main STREAM media and liberals wouldn't report on anything wrong with NObama, they didn't the whole primaries and campaign, why start now.
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 6:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• clothes which was donated, she didn't even get to keep them.
    Anonymous

• Who paid for palins clothes, taxpayers or private donations?
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• UMM, how much have we spent on bushs war?? How much have we spent trying to fix this nation and what we will spend?? As Bush ever so quietly waves good bye from the white house and this disaster. What about all the money NOT accounted for that was suppose to be for the war???

We're going to be paying for LOTS in the years to come.
    Anonymous

• I think that 200,000 dollars is a pittance in comparison. I'm not 100% sure but I don't believe she kept the clothes either. I'm fairly certain she donated them and I believe the total cost of the inauguration was upwards of 160,000,000 dollars (that is at last count). I understand that much of that is from private donations and people who wanted to partake in history but I believe that a donation in the president elects name to the charity of the donater's(sp?) choice would've been a better gesture especially during a recession. Alas, you cannot control what the rich are willing to spend their money on as unfortunate as it may seem.

micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• you do realize that a lot of this funding is from donors and NOT all tax payer money, right?

People are allowed to give what they'd like to who they like.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• The RNC paid for the clothes, which is funded by contributions and yes the clothes were donated to the needy!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 6:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2009