Wedding ideas?

I am planning a vow renewal for our 5th anniversary. It will be very similar to a wedding ceremony b/c we didn't have one. Can you ladies give me some do-it-yourself ideas for keeping to my $3k budget? FYI- It's an ivory and red Christmas themed ceremony.

Luvmylilmonkies

Asked by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:39 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Have your family prepare potluck and supply the foods for the reception. This makes everyone feel very special about sharing their "special" wedding recipes and your not searching for an expensive catering.Since your having the Christmas season, use all the decorations of the church and that cuts down on all the out-of-pocket for florist. Add a few special touches with tunic and sesonal plants/flowers that are not very expensive. Anyone in your family do cakes?? If your not wanting the traditional wedding cake, have them prepare you a XL square cake with a smaller square cake on top and continue as high as you want. Have his mom, grandmother or aunt prepare his grooms cake, they will love that you want them to do this special part of the ceremony. I love the peace plant with the red/scarlet Beta swimming at the bottom of the plain vase as table decoations and disposable cameras at each setting for the folks to take differnt pics! I think that is it, sure hope that helps you
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Westhampton bakery makes inexpensive, very pretty, VERY YUMMY wedding cakes. It's on Parham Rd- It;s run by very nice old ladies. =)
    BugMom

Answer by BugMom at 2:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• get a friend to do the cake or do it yourself. decorate it with a plate with pinecones, ribbon and 2 star ornaments on the top. you knwo, hot glue them in the position you want them in. get tule for the top of the tables at the reception and the decorations. run white christmas lights under it to dress it up. use blank christmas cards with a handwritten note on the inside for the invitations. use candles liberally. use a great tree skirt for the cake table. ummm...find some poinsetta candle holders at the dollar stores for the tables to serve as centerpeices. private message me if you need more ideas.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:00 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I got married 4 years ago. Like you now, we had a very small budget. Our families didn't really help with expenses. To save money, I made my own guest favors (bookmarks), programs, music list and place tags. My colors were deep red, ivory, and silver was the acsent color (in the vests, shoes, etc). I had so much fun organizing and planning my wedding. It was a lot of work to do on my own, but I look back at it fondly because I did it; me. So I guess that is my suggestion: if you've got an artist finger (or a friend who does) you can save a lot of money doing the small things yourself! You're the only one who can get exactly what you want, the way you want it.
    stefney

Answer by stefney at 6:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Congratulations! I will be married 5 years next year. If you have a friend with a good camera or videocamera, have him or her take pics and/or video. Otherwise, buy a bunch of disposables to put on the tables so your guests can do it. I did my own invitations using the kits you can get at Michael's or AC Moore (or even Walmart). I favorite favor of mine was a CD of the couple's favorite songs. You can buy the CDs, labels and jewel cases in bulk for relatively cheap money. The biggest way to save, though, is if you are having your reception during the Christmas season, book your venue EARLY or be prepared to do it on an off-day (like a Thursday or Friday evening). You can save LOTS of money by being flexible. Good luck!
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• We are having the ceremony and reception at church. Needless to say, there are no fees (just a voluntary contribution to church) and there won't be alcohol, which will cut the costs. I am thinking about doing party platters from Wal-Mart and I know a couple people who do cakes. I bought a beautiful dress from eBay and DH already has a suit. My biggest concerns right now are the flowers, photography, and music.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 12:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• when i got married we to were on a budget so we made a list of songs we wanted and went to walmart. com and burnt them to a disc instead of having to buy the whole album and then just poped in to a cd player lol
    momoftwogirls

Answer by momoftwogirls at 4:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2008