What goes well with grilled cheese sandwiches besides tomato soup?

I wanted to do something fun tonight so I was thinking of grilled cheese sandwiches and hot chocolate. Is that enough or do I need to do something else?

Asked by djmommy2 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• ummm fires, maybe potato salad, ummm maybe some mac and cheese

• I'm sure there are other things that go well with it, but why bother when tomato soup and grilled cheese is so yummy!?

• chilie

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• lol...I do spaghetti Os but that is still tomato stuff too. I would give something else too, but I suppose its not a requirement for every meal to be balanced!

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• CHILI!!!! Yummy!

Answer by mominbolt at 6:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Well, I didn't really dig the tomato soup when I tried it but I know it's a common thing with grilled cheese... chilli sounds good though. That means I need to call DH right now so he can stop on his way home...

Answer by djmommy2 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Potato Soup

• Chili...chicken noodle soup...

Answer by Sunshine38585 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• You can always put tomato or bacon on your grilled cheese too. Really good. I also dip mine in ketchup lol.

• Most any soup goes well with grilled cheese, actually. What tomato soup did you try? There are only a couple that I like, sadly. (Well, sad for me, lol)

When I was a kid I loved the Campbell's Cream of Tomato soup with grilled cheese or oyster crackers...then they went and changed the recipe and started using high fructose corn it is far too sweet and nothing you do can fix it. Such a shame. However, the Tomato Bisque they make is very similar to the old tomato soup, but it has pieces of tomato...but there's no HFCS, thank goodness!

Answer by jespeach at 1:45 AM on Jan. 17, 2009