Is it wrong of me to feed my kids....

Spicy foods? I feed them highly spiced foods. Lots of garlic and onion. Even hot spicy foods, lots of hot peppers, cumin, coriander, tumeric. My friend says I am hurting their insides and they should only eat bland food. I say kids in India eat spicy food. I ate it while preggo and bfing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Kids' Health

• how old are they? do they feel bad after eating it?
    Anonymous

• 3 and 18 months. No. They like it.
    Anonymous

• If they like it, I wouldn't worry about it. I've read that natural spices like that are actually good for your immune system and speeds up metabolism. Have they had any stomach problems? If not, I wouldn't worry and would tell my friend, "MYOB!"
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I suppose it would depend on their age. YOu should check with their doctor to be sure it wouldn't cause any future problems.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• if they like it then they are fine.... just make sure it dont make them have gas and get sick, dont worry about what others say, u r there mom not everyone else
    Anonymous

• Why would a pepper cause future problems? Unless the kids have allergies. Like she wrote in her question, kids in other parts of the world eat spicey things all the time and they live!
    Kerfuffle

Answer by Kerfuffle at 7:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• if they eat it and like it and dont seem to have any problems with digestion and it doesnt upset there bellys then who cares feed it to them. My son who is 7 now loves spicy foods and has since he was big enough to start eating table food hes fine.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• If they're eating it and liking it, there's no harm. A lot of cultures eat spicy foods and are fine.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Oh it's fine! It's not making them sick or anything. They're not running for the milk jug to put the fire out of their mouth...LOL They're fine.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• if you were in a culture that ate a lot of spicy foods you wouldn't even bat an eye. If it's healthy, keep feeding them it.

I don't think onions and garlic are spicy, but good for you. garlic has so many wonderful properties for the human body.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2009