Cold fries-do you eat or exhange them?

If you're at a restaurant where they always say "You want fries with that?" and your fries are cold, do you return them or eat the nasty, waxy fries? I'm guilty of returning them with a giant smile and asking if they have fresh fries, because these ones are cold and kinda nasty. Way I see it, I'm breaking my diet by eating them, so I want them to be worth it lol.

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Always return them . . . who wants to pay for something that is already cold . . . yuck.

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Return. If i'm at the drive through I stick my hand in the bag check to make sure they're hot and fresh. If they ask me if there's a problem while I'm checking my fries.. I just tell them I'm making sure the fries are hot. if not, i ask them for hot fresh fries.

Answer by bonn777 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I tell the waiter or waitress that the fries are cold to get a new batch of hot fries.

Answer by GreekMama28 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I'd return them if I can physically see them get me fresh ones, otherwise I'd just throw them away... I know a lot of people who work in the food industry and I make it a rule to never exchange food when I'm dissatisfied, I'll just ask for my money back if it's a pricier place. In a fast-food establishment where immature teenagers are handling my food, I would never complain about my food and then let them out of my sight. I worked at McDonald's when I was in high school. I know what they do, even if your polite and completely in the right.

• Return!!!

Answer by mominbolt at 7:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I worked at McDonalds in high school and we NEVER did anything to anyone's food. Usually the managers are adults and the fries are right in the front. It would look mighty suspicious if someone went into the back with the fries just to come right back out with them.

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I will always return my food if it's cold or not made the way I want.

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yeah, I always watch them when they're exchanging my food, too! I know odds are they wouldn't do anything to it, but everyone has bad days and teenagers aren't very good with impulse control. I tend to ask the oldest person there if they could please give me hot fries, but I still keep a semi-close eye on whoever helps me

• i return them and say theyre cold

Answer by youngmm at 7:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Heres what I do and I learned it from actually working at McDonalds....I always ask for UNSALTED fries that way they HAVE to cook them fresh and then I just add salt myself when I get

Answer by Sunshine38585 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2009