Trying to get pregnant.......

I have a daughter who is almost 2 1/2 years old. Hubby and I want to get pregnant and have been (trying) for awhile now. The reason I wrote (trying) is because we are not going at it like rabbits, or anything like that. But,how long did it take other mom's to get pregnant again? Did you feel like it was never going to happen and then finally it did?

HomeBoundMama

Asked by HomeBoundMama at 11:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It happened 1 month before we "tried" LOL. RELAX! It will happen. Have you tried using ovulation tests? That's what we used... we were trying NOT to get preggo in a certain month, but I wound up ovulating twice. I guess Colin was just meant to be here, huh? Good Luck!
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• My husband and I started trying for our second child when my daughter was almost a year old. We finally got pregnant when she was 15 months old, we didn't got at it like rabbits either. I found a website ( i wish i could remember the name) that helped me track my ovulation cycle and all that good stuff. Just google something like "trying to get pregnant" or "ovulation calendar" or something like that. It helped me know when my peek days were for conception. Good luck.
    Arkaye

Answer by Arkaye at 11:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• We were pretty much pregnant as soon as we decided to be. Actually, with our second I had stopped taking bcp and knew I was ovulating around our anniversary. I told hubby not to touch me or he'd get me pregnant but he did and he did! Find a site that calculates your most fertile days and do it then. That's my best advice. We've just never had any problems in that area.
    bretsnag

Answer by bretsnag at 1:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Oh the sweet memories of yearning for the next baby! If your able to track and calender your cycle that helps. If you can't, do like all my old aunt's and my grandmother's told me...eat lots of figs, sweet potato's and keep your hubby in boxers (lol)
    It works!
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Stress and worry really do effect "trying" so I would relax and just "try" not to think about it lol I know easier said than done. Just let it happen though. It will at the right time.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2008