WHY????

Is everyone hating on Bush when its congress and the senate that makes most of all the decisions?And these are the same people who Obama is going to have to go through?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think no matter what, there will always be a President that has to face difficult decisions and every once in a while has to come to a difficult but necessary conclussion that the rest of the world won't agree with. They look for things to hate, or dislike. I sometimes feel bad for Obama because there will most likely be one promise that he made that will inevitably fall through because no one is perfect. But society has put him soo high up there on his pedastool that everyones expectations of him are soo high they leave no room for failure. Which because he is human at some point he will have. I'm pretty sure I got off topic but this is what your question made me think of.
    Anonymous

• I think so too anon. I am not an Obama supporter but to be fair I just don't see how he can live up to the expectations of the people who voted him in. Many seem to expect miracles and perfection and at the end of the day he i just a man.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Unfortunately, people don't seem to realize that. They were so desperate, they allowed this HUMAN BEING to brainwash them into thinking he could make it all better. He's already backed out of a couple of things and he's not even sworn in, yet. I think he realized he was up against a bigger source than he thought - Congress. Plus, the mainstream media sure had their play in making this man seem like a miracle worker!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• OP:Actually its about BUSH not Obama!Love to see how you assume that I dont like Obama.But hey thats OK.I was actually talking about Bush and Congress....NOT Obama!
    Anonymous

• Every one hates on Buh because he sucks!
    Anonymous

• OBAMA IS GONNA KEEP BACKING OUT OF EVERTHING HE SAYS
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry but the OP has a point. The President's actions are almost all put through Congress. The only minor thing the OP had wrong is that Congress is Senate and the House of Representatives.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• "Every one hates on Buh because he sucks! " Um, who's Buh??? LoL!

And the OP does have a good point. Presidents don't have as much power as most people seem to think. Congress makes the laws, and if the President doesn't agree he does have the option to veto, but sometimes that's not always possible if some of the things the president wants are wrapped up in a bill that he wants to veto. Obama may have more success getting things through Congress, but that remains to be seen.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Oh, and TeensMom07 I completely agree about politicians. The only reason they run for office at all is to feed their egos. None of them care about what's best for the country.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• We have removed at least one answer from this question. Moms are looking for responses from other members that address the question they have asked. Please don't post judgmental answers, they're not appreciated and will be removed by the CafeMom Team.

> The CafeMom Admin Tea
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 12:44 AM on Jan. 17, 2009