Presidents, what do you think?

So I know everyone has their opinions on both President Bush and President elect Obama. Everyone has their criticisms and their praises. So what's yours? My outlook is that everyman that holds office will inevitably as humans do, make a mistake. So whether it be President Clinton, President Bush or President elect Obama, I think any man who takes on the tasks of being the President of the United States and is faced with making life changing decisions of millions of people almost everyday is a man that deserves my respect. So criticism..I have none because I know I couldn't do the job, and praises, I praise any man that takes on the dependability and judgement of the world.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• AMEN!I have to respect a man that becomes President.He has to try to make everyone happy and it just isnt going to happen.Either way he goes he will have haters!I also know I couldnt do it and until I am in his shoes I shouldnt judge his decisions.Sometimes even if I dont agree with them I know they are what is best for the country.
    Anonymous

• My all time favorite would have to be Chester Alan Arthur, because a)no one knows of him, b) he didn't do anything really great, and c)he didn't screw up really bad either.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• The office itself deserves some respect.I don't know why it doesn't get it.

I wish Pres. Obama well, even though I'm not a fan. I hope he does a great job.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I wish him well. It's an awesome responsibility and the office deserves respect. I think Obama is being depended upon to deliver so much he will not be able to do it all. He will let people down and make mistakes. I wonder how the press will handle it. I also believe it is one heck of an accomplishment and it must be one heck of a power trip, regardless of the cons.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• my opinion is that of a generalized sensation of the screwing nature. Obama is never going to be able to keep the promises he made, he is now educated as to what the presidential office really entails and it aint all pretty. he is not going to be able to physically or mentally handle it well. too late now, huh. i don't respect that man at all, never will.

Anonymous

• NOBAMA
    Anonymous

• Very well put, and refreshing.
    Thanks for the insight!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 10:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Do our job and pray for our president and country....God is still in charge of our world.

getyoung

Answer by getyoung at 11:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Every President is going to have downfall(s). That's just the way it is. Do I wish President Bush any ill will...no. I hope he and his family go on to live a happy and carefree life and I am guessing that he isn't going to miss the presidency that much, all things considered. I do not feel that he should have been blamed for certain things but I do believe that he could have handled them differently. Do I expect President elect Obama to be perfect...absolutely not. I would be ignorant to believe that he is going to live up to all of the "hype". I am a supporter but no one man can get everything that he has set out to accomplish done and to me his major downfall has been his zeal. I hope that he will improve our state of affairs but will I be surprised if he doesn't...no.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:38 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I do wish Obama well. I'm not a fan but I respect him and his family. He has a tough job to do and time will tell, if these problems are solved and make the change, he says is coming.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:23 AM on Jan. 17, 2009