Does anyone have any experience with chiropractors helping kids with bedwetting? My daughter is almost 8 and still not able to be dry through the night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Health

• My cousin was 18 before he stopped wetting the bed....doctors say its just something that they have to outgrow...
    bdmartin_81

Answer by bdmartin_81 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• That sounds like a strange question, but a friend of mine went to the chiropractor for an intestinal blockage. A nerve was being pressed which paralyzed part of her intestine...It could work.
    I often recommend the book "Dry All Night." I used it for my daughter when she was seven and now at 22 she still says that book saved her life. She also sleepwalks and would dream that she was going to the bathroom. The book teaches kids how to wake themselves up when they need to go.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't go to or take my child to a chiropracter for any amount of money in this world. They manipulate what was never meant to be manipulated. Once you start going...you become dependant on them. It is a load of hogwash a mile long. They are NOT medical Dr.'s.

http://your-doctor.com/patient_info/alternative_remedies/various_therapy/chiropractic.html

Anonymous

• I'm having to go to months of Physical Therapy over what a chiropractor did to me. I DO NOT recommend them. Go to a real doctor. Is there a lot of stress in the home? It could be nerves. It could be a small bladder. My grandson is nine and can't stay dry all night.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• my lil brother wet the bed until he was 15. What finally helped him? He got a nasal spray, weird right? I don't remember exactly what or why it helped. But it did the trick and he stopped wetting the bed. I recommend you take her to a doc for this as soon as you can, as it can be an embarassment for the child and cause emotional and social damage.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Well we're having the same problem with our DD. She's be 7 in March. It's a consistent problem. It's gotten worse this week too. Wetting 2-3 times a night. We cut out drinks past a certain time, all the basic things they tell you to do. We're at a loss. That said, I would likely not take her to a chiro until after she'd been seen by her Dr and/or a GI specialist. We have an appointment for her yearly check up Feb 6 but I really wanted her seen before then, asap actually. So I may "override" my Ped and see if I can get her into a specialist this week. She also has problems with constipation, always has.
    DebateandRelate

Answer by DebateandRelate at 12:09 AM on Jan. 17, 2009