AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

So I have these horrible, horrible migraines and they seem to come with my monthly or when I am ovulating....I have gone to the doctor SEVERAL times...once to the E.R. when I passed out from the pain and couldn't remember who I was or anybody at all for that matter....They have done blood tests, MRI's, CT Scans, etc. and nothing, no results..."It's not a tumor," my doctor jokingly said, but I did not think it was at all funny....

Has anybody out there have any suggestions as to what they have done for relief if you suffer from them or as to what I might do??

bdmartin_81

Asked by bdmartin_81 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Health

• Same problem here. As soon as i start my period.. sometimes a couple days before, i get the worse migraine ever. I have been to so many doctors as well. Since we have a large cancer history in our family i was really concerned and afraid of course. The doctors couldnt find anything and they said it could be the hormons. A few years ago i used to take some really good pills for it, they kinda made it easier. The company stopped producing them though (no clue why). But since then i just have to deal with it. And its sometimes not possible. Every tiny little sound makes my head explode. People suggest laying down in a dark room with a cold wash cloth on your forehead and stuff like that. But its not helping at all.

So yeah, i basically suffer for about 3-5 days every month. I tried all kinds of different and very expensive pain pills. Nothing is working. :-(
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• oh I dunno maybe tinted glasses so lights aren't so bright and take a med the second one starts. Maybe your taking med too late and the headaches are harder to get rid of? I sympathize with you. My mother used to get and vomit they made her so sick. Feel better!! can you think of something that seems more often than not to start your migraines?
    Anonymous

• I know of something that has worked for others, it's called Provex-Plus and only comes from one company. Are you ladies drinking enough water? Dehydration (so many of us think we are not dehydrated when we are) will cause migraines. Make sure you are eating healthy too.
    Free2bmom

Answer by Free2bmom at 8:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2009