Why would they edit it out??

My hubby and I were watching the show south park was on. Apparently it was a rerun, cause my dh had seen it, however, it was new to me.

Well, the show was about how "Family Guy" was going to air an image of Muslim's prophet Muhammod. Ok, South Park offends everyone at some point. It gets to the end of the show where they were going to show the cartoon image and the screen blacked out "comedy central refuses to show this portion of the show" or some such like that. I thought it was part of the show, but my Dh said that no, Comedy Central did that not the creators (the non-tv version shows it)!

So, I asked him why it was ok in comedy centrals view to show a drunk/stoned/partying Jesus, talking & walking poo, and SEVERAL other offensive things, but not this?

(oh, and I get that the image of Muhammad is against the religion, but that is the point of their show, to offend)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They eat poo in the bible.I guess that is why.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 8:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Where in the bible does it say they ever ate poo? I think you are sadly mistaken.
    Anonymous

• hmmmmmmmmmm 2nd kings.18:27
    But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 8:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• He was speaking hypotetically. Did you read the whole story and find out what was going ? I think you are getting confused.
    Anonymous

• hypothetically

Anonymous

• Wow, my Bible doesn't say piss....
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Absolutely I read it all but still,it is there.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 8:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• That is the king james version.
    laranadtony

• Metaphorically
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yes. It IS hypothetical....
    Anonymous