WTH ive never gotten a charlie horse here...

i was just standing right? and my foot gets a charlie horse from the ankle to the toes. my toes all had a mind of their own and some pointed left some pointed to the right some up some pointed down... it last for i kid you not 15 min!

nothing helped it go away i stood on it flat, i pushed on my toes....nothing...

anyone have a charlie horse in their foot like this before?? what did you do to make it go away while you were having it?

i eat bananas and drink lots of water so i just got it out of the blue...

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Now I'm starting to feel kinda normal cause I've been getting random charlie horses too during this pregnancy...sorry I'm no help the only thing I did to make mine go away is just wait it out.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 8:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yip, the past week I have been waking up out of sleep in excruciating pain. I literally jump out of bed and attempt to stand on my foot. They go from my calf all the way down to my toes. It is horrible. I don't know how to make them stop. I drink over a gallon of water a day and have made it a point to eat several bananas.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• hmm is water and potassium a way to stop charlie horses??
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 8:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Water and potassium are supposed to help. I wish there was something out there that would make them not come back.

JD08

Answer by JD08 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• no its not apr1 lol

i asked my dr and he said its a myth and not true.. they dont know exactly what causes them.

but i still try it just in case LOL
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• It may be the extra pressure on your ankles and feet from the pregnancy weight. The best thing to do although it hurts BAD is arch your foot towards the ceiling and stroke the bottom of your foot from your heel towards your toe with alot of pressure. (If you arent too far along and you can still reach your feet) lol. Other than that make sure you eat lots of bananas........and drink lots of water!!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 8:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• yeah! i usually get them in my calves every night i used to get them a LOT before i was pregnant, but never in JUST my toes and mt foot.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Comes from muscles you have not used since pregnancy.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 8:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• what comes from muscles? my toes? i walk everyday lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My doc prescribed me potassium pills.
    Anonymous