Fetal dopplers. Did you have one? If so did you have a drs prescription to order it?

Cass052005

Asked by Cass052005 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I rented one, ten years ago. I did not have a prescription. I think the place I used was heartones.com. The doppler gave me a lot of peace of mind, since my baby wasn't much of a mover/kicker.
    cam.i.am

Answer by cam.i.am at 8:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• you can rent them online just do a search, or you can attempt the walmart one, which really only works at the end of pregnancy.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• no, we didn't have one. I'm a worrier by nature so it was probably best that we didn't. i think it's a cool idea thou.
    joeyzgerl

Answer by joeyzgerl at 8:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I bought one on ebay. I'm having a UC and want it to moniter during the birth. It wasn't too expensive. I paid $70 plus shipping for it.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• No I did not need a doctor's prescription. I ordered a brand new one from Stork Radio off ebay and had it for Ethan and Luke and I tell you it is the best thing I ever purchased. Saved me a lot of unnessesary trips to the doc to be reassured by hearing the hb. With Luke I would listen to it every night from 10 weeks until I felt him moving. Made me feel much better.
    Carly67

Answer by Carly67 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2009