• In the Spotlight:

how do you calm down while at work? Pretty mad right now...

Long story short I'm in one hell of a mood. I'm working so what can I do to calm my butt down before I lose it on a customer. I swear all the rude people are out tonight!

(I'm just having a bad week... )

CorCorsmomma

Asked by CorCorsmomma at 8:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• Long deep breaths in through your nose out through the mouth. Think about something that has nothing to do with why you are pissed...anything!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I would either go home early or think about something that would make me really happy after work
    AlabamaGrl

Answer by AlabamaGrl at 8:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Can you take a break or maybe hear some soothing music? Try to think of good times that are unforgetable memories. We all get upset but try to think of the actual reasons why you are upset before taking it out on someone. Good Luck!

Anonymous

• I go for a walk to calm down. It helps a lot.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I laugh.
    It works! If you can't take a break or walk away to calm down then laugh.
    They will look at you like you are a loony bird, but you will release so much stress and anxiety that you will just feel so much lighter!
    I smiled at a customer once when she was rude for me and she complained to my store manager. He smiled at her and told her to have a good day. She stormed out and never came back....LOL.
    Just laugh it away.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2009