• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone's hubby work late nights?

I'm so lonely and with the kids all day long! He works 5:45pm to 6:20am and I can't stand it anymore! He loves his shift and doesn't want to change. We really need him home more. I get really sad alot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband works 3 p.m. to 7 a.m. two nights in a row but then he gets 4 days off which is really worth it!
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean, my husband is a kitchen manager and works 10 hour days, plus 2 hours for travel time. I have 5,4,2 yr old at home. I feel sad and lonely, frustrated and jeleaous. I wish I didn't feel this way. I would like it if my hubby was home more too. I have tried to do things for my self when he isn't there. I really would like the help with the kids too. I don't don't know if that helped any. Just know that you are not alone.
    Christinee100

Answer by Christinee100 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Thanks christinee100.
    Anonymous

• I hear ya!! Mine, the coal miner, works 3pm till 1am, gets home around 2am, and usually sleeps till almost noon, and leaves for work at 1:30 pm. He does get 4 day weekends, ever other weekend, but ends up working the Friday's and Monday's of those. I try not too complain too much though, it enables me to be a stay at home mom. But sometimes I just would like to have him around more. So no, you are not alone in the sense that we too are sad and lonely!!
    lmh3820

Answer by lmh3820 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My DH works 7 days a week, 12-15 hour days. He leaves the house @ 2:00pm and doesnt get home until between 4-6 am if not later. It DOES make it really hard when you are the main caregiver for your kids. You never seem to get a break, or have any "ME" time. I miss him so much sometimes and then sometimes when he DOES get a few days off he messes up my schedule...lol. It makes for a very long lonely night though once our daughter is in bed. I have responsibility of every aspect of my life, my daughters, our house, errands, cleaning, cooking, shopping, bills, the dog, taking out the trash, etc. And it can get overwhelming. But I just think.......ok, he is working and providing a very good life for us....I can handle this.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 9:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• CON'T ~~~It's now getting to the point where our daughter is begging him not to go to work because she misses him, and she is only 2 1/2..... it breaks both of our hearts, but like I said with the economy the way it is he has to work. I just wish they would change his schedule.
    Oh the lonely life of a midnight workers wife..................
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

• My boyfriend works 4pm to 4:30am. The only time I get to spend with him is Saturday from about 2pm until 6 or 7 on Sunday night. It sucks!!! He lives an hour away now too. We were waiting for my divorce to be final, which it is now...yay, but even if we live together we are only going to see eachother in passing during the week. It is very hard!!!!
    Anonymous

• My fiance works 3rd shift 10pm til 6am. He gets up at 8 to leave for work and doesn't get home til about 7:30. He also works 2nd shift some days which is a lot better than 3rd since on 3rds he sleeps til about 1 and then goes back to bed around 5 to get some sleep before work.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My fiance's hours vary and a lot of times he works at 9 pm or midnight until 4 am and then sleeps all day until about 4 or 5 pm. I hate it.
    katiedonovanm

Answer by katiedonovanm at 9:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I've been married over 25 years, and we've lived the "shift" life for 23 years. So I started out by keeping my girlfriends. I made sure that my husband and I always had a timestamped just for us. When hubby is home no housework is down. I focus on him. I have hobbies that I love doing. I worked while my son was young now I home school. I have task lists so that I keep quality time for hubby. Child was in bed by 8pm, now that he's older, he is in his room by 9. Once the child was down, phones were turned off and it is me and him. Don't barrage him with complaints. Build him up, appreciate him, make your bedroom a sanctuary. There's more I can say, but only have 1000 char.

sa2825

Answer by sa2825 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2009