How does the WIC Card (not the vouchers) work?

I renewd my wic today for mhy 4month old and was told that by the time i need more vouchers they will be giving out cards; like what you would get with food stamps,and not vouchers. I know some states already have the cards in use so i was just wondering how it works. Is it easier?

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its alot easier. i got mine last month, u dont need to go to the office every month or every couple of month, u just need to go to weigh the baby now... and it works just like a food stamp card you just slide it like a credit card. its so much faster....
    Anonymous

• I also get WIC, but in our state, it's still the checks, or vouchers. So, my question is, I know I can't keep track of how much formula or what not I have left, unless I get it all at once, so is there a way you can keep track of that?
    Anonymous

• Thats what i am wonder as well. How do you keep track is it like a money amount you get or is it a based on the quantity of the items?
    KeagansMom08

Answer by KeagansMom08 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I love my WIC card! It is the simplest thing ever. You get certain amounts of stuff a month and every time you use your card it will say what you have left on your receipt. I always just leave the receipt with my card so I know what I have left or not.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2009