Do you think it's worth just paying for the license?

I am trying to get an extra job as a waitress at a bar. They were supposed to call me this week for an interview, but didn't. I really want/need this job and thought I would just apply for the liquor license myself that way it may make me more hireable and I would be able to start sooner, but I found out today it costs $45. It's kind of alot of money right now and I'm not sure if it's worth it since the job isn't even garanteed, even though there are plenty of bars around (although I'm not sure how many I would actually want to work at...lol). So, do you think it would be a good idea to just fork out the $45 in the hopes of making some extra money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think it would a great idea. It shows initiative.
    IamNeeNee

Answer by IamNeeNee at 9:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• its worth it cause then u might beable to get a job at a better place that pays more
    Anonymous

• plus they might pay u more
    Anonymous

• I would have to say yes on this as well. I didn't know you need a license though to serve at a bar. Is this a state thing?
    shiningsoul

Answer by shiningsoul at 2:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2009