Would this bother you? Ok for xmas I have a cousin who is pretty well off has 3 kids so for the holidays I bought all 3 really nice gifts 40-50 dollars each so I have one son , you think they should at least spend a little more being i have one? they bought him a shirt & pants am I being wrong for thinking he got jipped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's a gift. They didn't have to get him anything. I don't think it's fair to say I spent more on your kids, you have to spend more on mine. If you gave them those gifts, it should have been because you wanted to, not because you thought they were going to get your son something of equal value. What's the point then, you could just each buy your own kids gifts. I'm sorry, but I have issues with people acting like that. I stopped buying for my sister because she would complain if someone didn't spend enough on her. Be thankful for what he got.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's anything to be upset about, and it's JAN and it's still bothering you that bad? Let it go, not worth the stress.

Anonymous

• Next year buy there kids, the same thing they bought your kid for Xmas. Make it even. It's not a requirement to buy other peoples kids expensive gift.

Answer by louise2 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• my cousins are the same way. They are all well off. The kids get new sneakers like every week and have all the latest fashion clothes but they are so cheap to others!!! My 16th b-day i was given only 10 bucks!!! With no card or anything. I don't always complain about what other spend on me but they just are ridiculous. Everyone goes out their way for them but they could never do the same tsk. tsk. So selfish
    Anonymous

• Thats why they live well, they dont spend big bucks on other people, they save it for themselves. I cant blame them for not going over board. Christmas isnt only gifts or the cost of gifts. Why did you spend that much on each one of them? Making it even next year makes you seem bitter, I wouldnt do that. Maybe consider not exchanging gifts if it bothers you ?? Just have a little party and play games for prizes, both families pitching in for the cost ??
    mbc324

Answer by mbc324 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• How do you know they are well off? They could just be putting up a front like a lot of the people from Oprah's shows. Some people are really good at making others think they have more than they do. Also, a gift is a gift be greatful for it they didn't have to get your child anything in the first place.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 10:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i thought i had seen almost an identical post like this around here already...right after christmas. it's going on the end of january. i'd shake it off or fess up to them. i wouldn't brew over it. it's a gift. nothing expected. a gift. either whine about it to them or move on with it.
    Anonymous

• no, of course youre not wrong for thinking that...i always spend more on people than what people spend on my daughter or myself...i feel bad being "cheap" others could care less!! im not by any means well off...im a single mom who works min wage..lol..but..when it comes to gifts..id much rather give a nice gift than some cheap ass gift i know theyre not gonna appreciate or use..but i get the same way as you do..its not fair..but..thats OUR problem..not theirs..next year just dont spend as much..thats what i decided im gonna TRY to do..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2009