My son is 29 months and will be going to daycare soon.

Today he had to get the flu shot and mmr shot. I held back on the mmr for as long as I could because of all the negative things I heard about it but I had to do it now. I'm a single parent and I'm going to school and have to put him in a daycare finally. Now I'm sitting here thinking about it and it's kinda stressing me out. I mean I know eventually he would need it. Just hoping he doesn't get a bad reaction.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know anyone who isn't vaccinated, and I don't know anyone who has ever has a bad reaction to any vaccinations. I KNOW it happens, but it's pretty rare. Some won't agree, but I equate not vaccinating to never going to the beach cuz there might be a tidal wave.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2012

• You didn't have to do it, there are waivers you can get and sign. But it's done so don't stress about it. The chance of a reaction is low, especially as old as he is.

Answer by missanc at 9:13 AM on Feb. 7, 2012

• Missanc-- depending on the state, she may have had to do it. There are waivers for public school, but the administrative rules in our state say that only medical exemptions are allowed for immunizations in a licensed daycare facility.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 12:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2012

• You did the right thing for your kid and everyone else's. Don't stress!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 8:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2012