how likely is it to concieve w only 1 fallopian tube and husband only has 1 testicle?

jenng79

Asked by jenng79 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I got pregnant with just one fallopian tube. Although, my husband didn't have an problems in the male department.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Since it only takes one egg and one sperm I would say it quite possible. May take time but I think it could happen if there are not other medical problems. My friend got pregnant no problem with one tube has 3 kids!
    NiHao

Answer by NiHao at 10:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Plenty of sperm produced with one testicle, so the problem might be the one fallopian tube, which would mean that every other month the egg wouldn't be accessible. So I'd say maybe half the chance of a person with both fallopian tubes? But on the months with the egg accessible to the tube, then the same chance as anyone else.

Answer by Bmat at 10:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I have one fallopian tube and issues with my other one and I have 3 children.My hubby has no issues so not sure on that.But I had no problem making my first 2 girls it took me 2years to make my 3rd baby girl almost gave up.

times3mom

Answer by times3mom at 12:19 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• my mother had an IUD and my father was 95% sterile. anything can happen if it is meant to
    ckmom0612

Answer by ckmom0612 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• my sil lost her tube/ thought after ttc for a year b4 losing the tube to an endoscopic preg that she just couldnt have more kids so stopped trying, with in 3 months she got pregs... i dunno how many balls her so has? but i can happen just as well as anything... if it meant to... i am sure i cuts out some likelihood but not all hope...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I have a friend who only has one ovary and has two children. PLUS she has MS. It is certainly possible to get pregnant if a woman is lacking a part other than the uterus. Plus, each testicle produces millions of sperm by itself ... It may take longer, but it can certainly happen. My davice for all people TTC is to stop trying and just practice, practice, practice.  I got pregnant very quickly after stopping birth control pills (about 2 1/2 months after stopping) and we didn't TRY ... we just practiced.

cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2009