Consipation

So I am having horrible constipation to were I won't go for 3-4 days at a time. I've tried to enrich my diet with fiber foods, but haven't noticed to much a difference. Any one have this problem and no any tips???

cantwait071909

Asked by cantwait071909 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can get your prenatal with a stool softener. Also, eat more fruit, drink plenty of water and ask your doctor if you can take Miralax.
    NiHao

Answer by NiHao at 10:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Lots of water........Prunes several times a day. Prunes are actually really good :). Talk with your doctor about a stool softener. Are you taking prental with iron?
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• yes my prenatal has iron in it and ive had bowel problems in the past.
    cantwait071909

Answer by cantwait071909 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I was told to take Colace and Peri Colace, one in the morning and one at night, but that didn't help. I have prescription Glycolax, which is basically Miralax and they let me take that eventually. I really only had to take it a couple of times and I have been fine since then.
    stephgood1

Answer by stephgood1 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• colace stool softner was the wonder drug for me. I was at the point where it would be a whole week before I was able to go. I took colace and by the next day I was doing my business. Good Luck and constipation sucks.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2009