I have major morning (ALL DAY) Sickness... I cant keep anything down.. Any Advice???

I am 12 weeks prego and have been like this since I was 9 weeks. The docs gave an over the counter med, doesnt work, cause I cant keep it down... Any help???

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 12:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The same thing was happining with me. Unfortunatly if you still cant get the meds down that they gave you, they might give you a rectal med... I just got "Preggie Pop Drops", they are like candy that HELPS morning sickness... I have yet to try the meds they gave me....

Good Luck!
    cityhighremix

Answer by cityhighremix at 12:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I had horrible morning sickness by 9 weeks i had lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks and was hospitalized for throwing up blood. I couldnt keep [iklls down the only thing that helped... is ask ur doc to give u the phenergan/promethazine shot (but have someone to drive u home cuz u will be drowsy no doubt) then after four hours start takin the pills on normal basis... thats what i had to do and hopefully yours goes away i was on meds whole time cuz it last til i gave birth GL!
    mamakristena210

Answer by mamakristena210 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Try tiny sips of ginger ale and saltine crackers before you get out of bed. If it hits you during the day, keep the ginger ale handy. Drink at room temp and NOT cold. Iced beverages (carbonation and Caffiene will make it worst) I also ate a few tidbits of pineapple and would slice a lemon and smell the lemon to reduce the nauseau. A sliced orange worked for my daughter.
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Oh dear, morning sickness is the worst, and usually lasts the whole first trimester. But a lot of women are different. I had it so badly, everything I ate/smelled/thought about made me throw up. And this type of sickness is like nothing you've never felt before! The only thing that ever worked for me were lemon drops. I suggest when you feel sick, to suck on a lemon drop. Something about the production of saliva makes you feel better, that's what my midwives say. If you don't like lemon drops, then you could try: lifesavers, lollipops, or anything you can suck on that makes your mouth water. Also, the smell of lemons is suppose to settle your stomach. It really did with me. Maybe try putting some lemon into some water and drinking it. Everyone always told me to eat saltines before getting out of bed in the morning, but that NEVER worked for me! Even the saltines made me sick! Too dry! Good luck!
    Karleyy

Answer by Karleyy at 2:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• peppermint tea
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 11:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i have been there. ask for pheneghran. i had to have it since i was throwing up so much i was threatenign to miscarry. otherwise, eat as soon as you throw up. not a lot, just a little, so something is in your stomach. don't eat cheesecake. trust me. fruit loops are good. um...don't get hungry. munch all day. and get lots of liquids. good luck.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:49 AM on Jul. 19, 2008