IN WHAT WEEK OF PREGNANCY CAN YOU HEAR THE BABY HEART BEAT ON THE DOPPLER?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 4 months
    Anonymous

• It really depends...I heard it on doppler at week 8 or 9 with my first two kids then not until week 12 with my third.
    funmomof2

Answer by funmomof2 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Well I was 6 weeks and 4 days and was in a car accident. At the ER they did and ultrasound and I got to hear the heartbeat then...I also went to the DR 2 weeks later, and heard it on the doppler then
    stephgood1

Answer by stephgood1 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My doctors office tries at 12 weeks. Because they are so small and has so much room that sometimes they only pick it up for a few beats.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Average time a heartbeat can be heard on doppler is around 10-12 weeks.
    I was so upset when I went in for my first appointment at 8 weeks and they didn't pick up the heart tones, I thought something was wrong. But they told me most dopplers don't pick up until later on.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 11:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Between 8-12 weeks. My sister has heard her baby at 9 weeks. I am thinking she hears early cuz she is so small. I didn't hear the heartbeat until 14 weeks with both my babies, but I am larger than she is.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2009