Why is she sleep screaming?!

My poor 4mo wakes up nightly, about every 20-30 minutes at first then every 1.5ish hours after that, screaming bloody murder.. sleeping.. sometimes it's impossible to console her.. other times I whip out a boob and she's fine.. she's not wet/poopy, doesn't appear to be gassy.. what is going on? Anyone else having this problem?

LishaBee

Asked by LishaBee at 10:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ear infection????
    NiHao

Answer by NiHao at 10:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Nah, it's only at night. No other symptoms!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 10:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• (She's been doing this for a few weeks now.. ped says it's normal.. but she's literally up at LEAST 8 times per night for 10-15 minutes each
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 10:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Does she spit up a lot? I had to change my daughter's schedule around 5 mo. or so because it wasn't comfortable for her to lay down flat right after a feeding. She would go to sleep just fine and then wake up 20-30 minutes later screaming. I started giving her an hour or so to digest before putting her down for bed and she has been fine ever since. Just a thought.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• LOL @ pedi says it normal, that's because he is not getting up 8 times a night LOL. I thought I had it with the ear infection LOL. My daughter had NO symptoms either but she constantly had ear infections her Dr said sometimes nights are just worse because of the fluid build up they get comfortable then move then the pain hits again. Anywho since she's been to the doctor I know that's out. Angie 409 gave a good idea. All I got is ear, gas and constipation (may be pooping but is it enough and soft)?? Good luck
    NiHao

Answer by NiHao at 11:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Oh and teething.
    NiHao

Answer by NiHao at 11:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My son does the same. He doesn't have a ear infection, and is not sick, but he wakes up screaming. I asked my doctor, and he said a very possible reason is because he is not getting enough sleep. If you baby is waking up that much then she is not getting enough sleep for her age. I struggle with that too, but with just trying new things i found my son sleeps better if I play with him for a while before i put him to sleep.
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 3:09 AM on Jan. 17, 2009