• In the Spotlight:

What are the symptoms of a misscarriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Vaginal bleeding that may be light or heavy, constant or irregular. Although bleeding is often the first sign of a miscarriage, first-trimester bleeding may also occur with a normal pregnancy. But bleeding with pain is a sign that miscarriage is more likely.

ok i copied that from a website, cause i know that bleeding is one
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I had one many years ago at 12 weeks, I wasn't really bleeding, but got major cramps like contractions..
    njt320

Answer by njt320 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My friend had a miscarriage and she said that if she didnt know she was pregnant, she would have thought it was just a period. Hope that helps.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• When I had my m/c, I felt very sick, lightheaded and nauseous. It went on for about 20 minutes and when I felt sharp pains in my abdomen, I thought my period had come and it was just really heavy because it was late (my periods were whacky). When I stood up, I had blood staining my pants. I ran into the bathroom and one of the office ladies asked me if I needed her to call someone for me. I was hurting so badly I didn't answer and when she came into the bathroom she said I was very pale. My mother brought me to the ER and they confirmed it. My temp stayed a few degrees low for three days. I bled badly just for the one day and for the next couple of days it just slowed into spotting. I thought that's how all m/c's were, but I've heard from other women that they felt hardly any pain at all and they spotted slowly for two weeks! I'm not sure, but I figured my experience would help.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 11:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• It really depends on the woman. I had one last January. I was about 2 1/2 months along. Mine started with spotting then about a week later I started having labor like pains. I started bleeding A LOT. I couldn't move it hurt so bad. But again its different for every woman.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 11:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2009