Would a 1 year old have fun at the zoo?

I'm considering taking my daughter to the local zoo on her birthday. I went when I was a kid and I loved it. She loves animals especially in person but I'm not too sure if she's too young to enjoy it or not . What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 7, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i've been taking my son since he was about 7 months old. he has a wagon that he rides in now & he loves it. he's 2 now.
    25MamaBear1986

Answer by 25MamaBear1986 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 7, 2012

• Definitely, she'll love it. We took our baby girl this past summer at 6 weeks with my Son who was 4. She loved to watch everything going on. We spent the entire day too.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2012

• We belong to the Bronx Zoo and have been taking our kids since before they were 1 year old. Both my kids love the zoo and we have spent hours there. Their big favorite is the reptile house.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:49 AM on Feb. 7, 2012

• I don't know if "have fun" is the right term since other than ride around in a stroller and half pay attention to animals there's not much they can do, but I think it's a great outing for them and never too early to expose them to the world. I wouldn't count on being there very long though.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2012

• We've been takng our son since before he was a year old. He's always enjoyed it. The older he gets, the MORE he enjoys it, but he still loved looking around and seeing what was going on at a year old.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 12:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2012

• Will he enjoy being out and about? Yes. But . . . depending on price and distance you are traveling, I may put it off until he's older and will enjoy it more. I enjoyed it the most when my kids were 2-6, because that's when they were overflowing with joy about it.
    Our NC zoo is a natural habitat zoo, which is great for the animals but make it harder to actually see them since their enclosure(s) are huge. Would not be great fun for a 1 yo, except for just being outside and experiencing his parents enjoyment.

Answer by missanc at 1:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2012

• Yes,go and have fun she will love it.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2012

• Absolutely! Babies take in everything around them. Seeing different sights and animals, hearing the sounds, petting the goats...all while you share the excitement and talk about what is going on is a wonderful learning tool. The more experiences babies have the more they use their brains.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 12:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2012

• yay im excited. Itll be just me and her for the first half of her birthday and we have a local zoo where i live. Very cheap and i think she will really enjoy it. Thanks for the opinions it really helped. cant wait!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2012