I am 34 weeks today! Is it ok to go in my moms hot tub?

I know I can only be in the water for about 10 to 15 min. so I dont get to hot! But is it unsafe for any other reason?

mommy3109

Asked by mommy3109 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Water should be monitored at a temperature that is comfortable for the mother, usually between 95-100 degrees Fahrenheit. Water temperature should not exceed 101 degrees Fahrenheit as it could lead to an increase in the mother's body temperature which could cause the baby's heart rate to increase. It is a good idea to have plenty of water to drink and cold cloths for the mother's face and neck. A cool facial mist from a spray bottle is a welcome relief for some mothers as well.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• What is the temp? If it is under 100 degrees then you can go in, but you will warm up too much and can cause damage to the baby. If it is over 100, even 10 minutes would be too much.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I've always heard it's not good when your pregnant...but I've never had 1st hand experience with it. It wouldn't hurt to just dangle your feet in it. That's all I can tell you =) Maybe you could try to look it up on google.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Being pregnant I don't think you should go in at all. it might just be so comfy that you just don't want to leave and will get too relaxed. An rn friend of mine when i was preggers told me to stay away from hot tubs they could do bad damage. Since she was an r n I took her word on it. you're really almost at delivery. Dont risk anything.
    Anonymous

• i went into a hot jacuzzi bathe at the hospital at 38 weeks and i ended up 10 cms. dialated. lol i dont reccomend it
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 11:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I was always told that it could lead to preterm labor, but I told my friends I couldn't go in because it would boil the baby, lol.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:12 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Umm....no. I've never had a doc tell me anything about the temperature, but they always mention how easily bacteria can enter while pregnant. I wouldn't do it... especially this far along.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• There's a reason hot tubs come with a "do not use while pregnant" warning, and why hot tubs in public places have "do not use if pregnant" signs on them. It's not safe at any point in pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• PLEASE PICK UP A COPY OF WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN EXPECTING.. The fluid that surrounds the baby is already 90 something degrees. So image if you sit in a hot tub. What do u think is going to happen? Only put your feet. You will roast your baby like a turkey...good luck! And get that book!
    BubbleeBabyJoy2

Answer by BubbleeBabyJoy2 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• no its not safe
    Anonymous