What time should i put my nine month old to bed??

I already have a schedule set for him seven to sevent thirty but when he goes to his fathers mom he goes to bed later. So when i get him back and i try to put him back on my schedule he fights it. HIs grandma says that i puthim to bed maybe to early that he might be the type of baby that dosent sleep much???????

lucassmom42

Asked by lucassmom42 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 14 months old an goes to bed at 7. So in my opinion it isn't too early :)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My daughter is 10 months and she goes to bed around 8:00. I would tell his grandma to please follow your schedule after all your the mother not her.
    Anonymous

• i agree, grandma needs to follow your schedule not the other way around. my 20 month old goes to bed at 8.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Both my kids - 2 years old and 3 months old go to bed between 10:30 and 11pm, and sleep in until about 10:30/11am..
    You'll never hear complaints from this mama about lack of sleep!!

Remember, you don't need a schedule, just a routine. Chances are that grandma is watching his cues, and sees when he's actually ready for bed.. If you're always looking at the clock to determine what time to sleep, eat, etc... then you never really learn your baby's cues, nor does your baby learn to trust his own.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 12:21 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My 8 month old used to go to bed at 1030 when we went to bed but lately he has been going to bed aroud 8 wich is nice cause i get alone time with hubby 4 once and get to relax before bed. so i say 8-9
    Ilovemyson51508

Answer by Ilovemyson51508 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Our nine month old goes to bed around 11, give or take an hour. He sleeps in our room (but in his own crib), and I think this may contribute to his sleep timing. His dad falls asleep first and he doesn't usually lay down until I do. Sometimes I literally have to pretend to sleep in order to get him to go to sleep. And then I can watch tv or whatever. Anyways, he normally sleeps all through the night until anywhere from 8-10 in the morning!
    rafasconejita

Answer by rafasconejita at 1:31 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• my DD is 7mo & she cant stay up past 7:30. but at my moms she fights sleep & can stay up till 10. i make sure she doesnt sleep late the next day (so hard!) & i just put her down when she gets tired, & eventually she self corrects. but she sleeps ALOT so im prolly no help!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:55 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• It is all about what works for you. If when putting him down earlier he goes down easily, stays alseep and is well rested in the morning then stick with it. I would commit to one schedule though and ask grandma to keep to it. Consistency is the key.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:01 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My son will go to bed no later than 7:30-8. Once he starts geting super fussy and rubbing his eyes i give him a bath a bottle and he goes to bed. Sometimes he will be in bed by 6:30pm. He knows when hes tired.
    BermudaMama

Answer by BermudaMama at 12:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2009