I am 29 weeks pregnant i had am ultrasound and they said that my baby was 2 weeks bigger

I am going to have a c-section Do you think they will take him out sooner?

seximommy07

Asked by seximommy07 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it depends if the doctor decided to change your EDD....I Know my EDD changed at the ultrasound, but only by a few days.

J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• well it started off at april 3rd then they changed it to march 29 but this was before the 2 week thing and they told me that they have to do c-sections 2 weeks before
    seximommy07

Answer by seximommy07 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Oh so they already changed it once. Have you seen them since this new U/S, they might change it again and then take the baby earlier, if they feel the baby is "older" then the first EDD. Is there any other reason the baby could be larger, like diabetes ?

That would be cool if the baby is actually "older" then you thought and you got an earlier Csection !!!
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• ask for the blood date determination test - it's been around for years and gives a pretty accurate ages of the baby.
    Anonymous

• If they are doing a c-section because of his size, then why not wait til 40 weeks? Babies need enough time to grow and develop to be ready for the world outside of the womb.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My due date was moved up a month with my son because of the u/s and when he was born a week late, they said he looked 2 weeks early. I think that is a pretty big difference and shows how wrong u/s dating is.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:05 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• it would depend on his lung development
    Anonymous