just a opinioned question??????? about college

ok tell me im crazy, but a long distance friend of mine tells me that she is going to a school college/community college and she lives in cali and she tells me that they have a program that is only 2 months long and gives u 5 credits and then u will be cerificated n medical career like medical ast..... where im from i take a degree and no place will hire u for a career based job with just 1 half-semester of a class..she say that just the way they do it there in cali and maybe its half way across the world but i never heard of such thing with taking at least 8 months od full time schooling.. have any of u?????????

mommiediap

Asked by mommiediap at 11:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• umm.. i've never heard of that.. and i live in california.. so i dont know..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Certificate are differrent from degrees. My son's in a community college but not in CA. Certificates don't get you as much money as a degree might., and they do take less time than a degree definitely. Good for her for zeroing in on a career!
    Anonymous

• I'm also in California, and haven't heard of a program that short. The shortest I can think of is 14 months long through a private junior college.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Just google your friend's college!
    Anonymous

• I see stuff on tv all the time, be a such-and-such in 6 mos or whatever. never 2 mos though where they getcha is the cost; it's nearly triple that of traditional school, which I guess might save money in the long run because it's a condensed version, but upfront cost is outrageous
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I do not know what kind of job she is going to find with only 2 months of school. I doubt that it is an accredited program. Sounds like she is wasting her money.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 1:13 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• There's an ad on the radio right now where I live that you can train in IT (information technology) in 3 mo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My friend told me she went to school for two weeks for CNA..dont know if this is true or not, but thats what she said. She was so excited and told me to do it and I could get a job wiping old butts starting at ten dollars an hour. I just started my new job at $12-hour. (Now up to $16!)
    MBsMom2004

Answer by MBsMom2004 at 2:31 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• she said it only cost 20 buck ha
    mommiediap

Answer by mommiediap at 1:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009