My son has red dots on his butt cheeks and inching around his anus.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• watch to see if it gets worse or has he eatten a food he isnt used too ? could be food allergie one of my kis was allergic to a certain type of disposable diaper if it lasts more then three days or seems to get worse I would have dr. check him out
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 7:14 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• observe to see if its allergies (maybe just give benadryl for JIK) but if it doesn't go away with calmine and benadryl I'd be at the drs. on Mon. morn (a friends son had a rash -- and it turned out to be a fungal rash and it got real bad he ended up staying home b/c he could barely walk for days)
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:34 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• If the itching around his anus continues, it could be pinworms. Sadly, we've had a few episodes with this and it's horribly uncomfortalbe. You need to look at his anus with a flashlight for little white string like worms. You can also do a scotch tape test to have your doctor test for it. However, if you do see the pinworms I recommend you run out to the drug store immediately and get the over the counter medication for it. There is one called Pin-ex, but it's also sold under other names. It's disgusting but does the trick.

I hope this is NOT what your son has, but if he's crying in pain cuz of the itching, it is likely. Best of luck!

Michelle
    sishel

Answer by sishel at 1:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2009