• In the Spotlight:

Works of the goddess

Ok so I have seen in so many posts "What has your gods and goddesses ever done for you?" Normally I believe our spiritual experiences are so personal and sacred that they should be kept personal, but honestly I am tired of this question, so lets just shoot it and put it out of its misery.
I once invoked the goddess Kali ma a very protective diety for women (who also happens to be my patron) and I asked her to protect a friend of mine whose ex husband was stalking her. He was a youth pastor who seduced several young girls into having sex and doing sexual favors and he had told her he wanted her to have a little girl so that he could do things with her. (yes he actually said that can you believe it!) CONTD

NightOwlMama

Asked by NightOwlMama at 11:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My husband was diagnosed with cancer in 02. we had it taken care of ... well we thought.. 2 yrs later it is back... again taken care of... or we thought, this past summer was told that the cancer not only never died, but had grown to take over his entire abdominal area...
     So I put together a very large healing ritual to help prevent the cancer from spreading so that the chemo he did have to have would kill off the cancer for good...
     I gathered all that I needed, and invoked the Goddess "Meg the Healer"  I felt her around me as I read and burned my spell... that night with all of this high energy in me while my husband slept I placed my hand over the area of the cancer. this whole ritual was so high in energy and so emotional that it took several days for me to recover... but the cancer did not spread and as to date the cancer is gone...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:21 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• This man would lock her in closets and break into her house and when she tried to leave him he stalked her and tried to kidnap her. She had restraining orders but there isnt a whole lot the cops can do until he actually does something. And since he was a youth pastor and had influence she found the church suddenly attacking her for divorcing him and "spreading lies". I asked kali ma to please protect her and bring him to justice so that he could harm noone else. This had been going on for two years and the next day the police happened to be driving by and found him trying to break into her house while she was in the shower. He was arrested and then a parent filed charges on him for what he did to her 14 year old daughter. He wont be out of jail any time soon. So the question is Pagan ladies, have you had a particulary moving experience with your god or goddess?
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 11:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I did a call of the Goddess while my husband was in Iraq. I was very worried because I had not heard from him for a while. I knew he was going around to forward operating bases. So I did a call to all the Goddesses. With the last phrase I shouted CALL ME. The phone rang and it was my hubby, safe and sound. My son about flipped out when that happened.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:53 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Well, i've never had a spell not work. I worked one of my more difficult spells when i was about 15 or so. My boyfriend at that time had a mother who had lupis. She caught a cold that quickly turned into bronchitis. I asked her permission to give her some magickal aid (she did not claim any faith). She agreed. I did not tell her when i'd be performing the spell. It took a couple days to gather the things i needed. The day after i performed the spell she woke up like nothing was wrong. I've done other smaller spells and they've always worked. I'm currently in a position where magickal aid may help and i'm hopeful that whatever i decide to do will be blessed by the God and Goddess.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:51 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• At our Fall Equinox celebration the year before I met my hubby I made my wish in the center fire like usual. That year my parchment stated that I had had my fun being young and single and that I wanted to find my true partner and have my first child with him before I turned 26. A short time later I left that group, but I did "keep" the bar that I found with them. As well as a great many friends in that bar. I spent most nights there with my friends for a couple months, and in December I met the man that is now my husband. We were a couple by July and the next November I got pregnant. My son was born in August, and I turned 26 less than 2 months later.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 2:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Its amazing isn't it. We begin our focus with every step we take in spell work. I believe all of the focus and seeing the outcome working is a large part of a spells success. If the question arises "did I do it wrong, I wonder if it will work" then it won't. My God and Goddess provide me with the peace I need to focus on my work. Beautiful.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:58 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Can I just tell you ladies how awesome everyone's stories are? Thank you.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• magic is an amazing thing.. I don't do spells, only calendar rituals and personal meditation, but I remember clearly the meditation I did the night I found out I was pregnant. Having lost 2 babies almost 6 years earlier I asked the goddess for protection for my child. Even though I was only 6 weeks preg. I swear that night I felt her tapping on my belly for hours, like a reassurance that she wasn't going anywhere. Throughout my pregnancy I would continue to ask for her protection, and my daughter continued to grow. Every night that I would meditate, she would push herself to the outside of my belly and stay there for at least an hour.. like she was hugging me.
    Later when she was 3 months old and had to have surgery I made her a protection charm out of a blank white onesie. It kept her safe through surgery and recovery, we went home in 2 days instead of the anticipated week long stay at the hospital.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• The way I understand my spiritual path the gods don't "do" anything for me. I do things for myself, sometimes by tapping into the energy of a god or godess. There have been many situations in which this has helped in some way & I am always greatful to the archetype whose energy assited me. I have heard /seen the question asked many times before but I believe it stems from a shallow understanding of religion & spirituality.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I haven't heard any real miracles except for 1. and I still question how real it is. there is not enough testimony to make me a true believer of a goddess.
    Anonymous