I have had an burning red scalp for a while now. I have tried changing shampoos, hairsprays you name it. There is no dandruff. I am even thinking of darkening my hair because it is so noticable with my blonde highlights. I havent dyed my hair in over 2 months so I don't think its the dye job. I have been dying my hair for over 10 years. Has anyone else had this and how did you deal with it. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If scalp has a musty smell it maybe a yeast infection on your scalp.Yes, I know how stupid that sounds,however after doing hair for 15 years you see a lot.
    cece122704

Answer by cece122704 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Use zinc oxide, like the desitin type or near that type. Or triple antibiotic ointment. bacitracin, neosporin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• and by all means, do not apply color product to your scalp..this will burn like hell! wait until your 'problem' is cleared.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Switching up stuff too much can also be bad for your skin. I wouldn't do anything new until you get it figured out.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Could possibly be an allergy..like eczema. I finally figured out that was my problem, my hair's pretty thick so you cant see my scalp, but it was all red and itching and painful. Talk to your doc about it.
    MommyWantsAGirl

Answer by MommyWantsAGirl at 11:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2009