Do you change your pets food after awhile? My cats have been on Fancy feast but one of them never eats it just her hard food & the other throws some of the flavors up sometimes should I buy a couple of cans of another brand or how do I change brands?

FRANCINE818

Asked by FRANCINE818 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pets

• To change food you need to do it slowly.Start mixing 1 part new food with 2 parts original food.do that for about 4 days to a week, then mix half and half for a few days, then 2/3rds Ideally it should take about 2-3 weeks.Their tummys are very sensitive so go slow.We had a problem w/one cat vomiting and changed to Wholesome Goodness by Meow Mix and no problems at all.Good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:16 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• No offense at all but this is my opion. I hate soft food. Cats can thow up easier, their poop stinks worse and seems to be "squishier". I like to feed my cats wiskas. They all like it and it dosent effect them as a cheap brand or wet food would.
    Good luck!
    MamaMudd7

Answer by MamaMudd7 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• don't worry if they don't eat the wet food- that's better for them anyway. the crunchy food helps keep their teeth clean. if they eat the dry food just fine, then cut out the wet food and save yourself some money- at the grocery store and the vet!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I agree, I dont like wet food. It is horrible for their teeth and that makes the SUPER obese. Also the salt in it is horrible for them. A little here and there is ok for them but making it there primary intake isn't a good idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• MY CAT WAS ON FANCY FOR A LONG TIME I JUST HATED THE HIGH PRICE I SWITCHED TO FRISKIES MADE BY THE SAME COMPANY NOW AND THEN I WILL GIVE HIM FANCY I DON'T THINK IT'S THE FOOD I THINK IT'S A HAIR BALL THAT THAT WOULD MAKE THEM THROW UP BUT IF YOUR CAT IS YOUNG TRY ANOTHER BRAND BUT THE CHEAPER THE FOOD THE WORST IT IS !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Jan. 19, 2009