Freaked OUT!

i can't help but to be SOO freaked out about everything now that im pregnant. i was reading an excerpt on listeria- a food borne illness that causes miscarriage and possible human death and im freaked out. i eat deli meat all the time that isnt steaming hot. i go out to eat a lot and dont know how safe the food is. they say symptoms dont appear for 2-30 days after exposure! Im only about 6 1/2 weeks and i have all the symptoms just cause they are the same as the normal pregnancy symptoms. Im so freaked to have another miscarriage. Why cant i just relax. Do you think im over thinking it this listeria thing??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it is really rare. I didn't eat deli meat or hot dogs in the first three months because I was so paranoid about this kind of stuff, but it really is a rare condition.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:31 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I think you need to CALM down, relax and enjoy being prego...it only last a short time!!!! If anything were to happen to your precious baby(I pray that is doesn't) you can't help that, just relax...if you stress your self out you are at more risk for miscarriage! Best of luck! And congrats on the baby
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:34 AM on Jan. 17, 2009